Sunday, July 17, 2011

About as insane for being me as you are sane for being you.

I was damaged long ago. I'm sorry that my coping mechanisms aren't up to your circumstantially inexperienced Standards.


"Sanity is the lot of those who are most obtuse, for lucidity destroys one's equilibrium: it is unhealthy to honestly endure the labors of the mind which incessantly contradict what they have just established."‎
 

"All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries or credulities of mankind. All intellectual and artistic ambitions are permissible, up to and even beyond the limit of prudent sanity. They can hurt no one."
 

 ‎"Art, in the artist, is proportion, or, a habitual respect to the whole by an eye loving beauty in details. And the wonder and charm of it is the sanity in insanity which it denotes."
 

"I had a quick grasp of the secret to sanity—it had become the ability to hold the maximum of impossible combinations in one's mind."
 
‎"Our sense of worth, of well-being, even our sanity depends upon our remembering. But, alas, our sense of worth, our well-being, our sanity also depend upon our forgetting."
 
 
‎"Sanity remains defined simply by the ability to cope with insane conditions."
 
In all seriousness; if being serious is required when faced with an important situation, then there is no riddle in why I find it so hard to extrapolate a singular, serious thought, from those that express I am too serious in my thinking. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment