Monday, August 8, 2011

Nice break was it not? NOT!

Its been a while since I’ve written here. Disappointing really. Since the only thing that’s been coursing through my mind has been to write. The text book for my college writing class arrived about 5 days ago, Steps to Writing Well 8th edition. Been rather reluctant to open it. Is it because I’m afraid that what it has to say may contradict all of my current biased beliefs about writing? Maybe it is the fact that I’ve bee hoarding ‘how to’ books about writing for the better part of my life? What am I afraid of? Could it actually teach me something life altering and actually take me somewhere? Am I really that afraid of change to begin with? Could it really alter my way of writing for the worse? I’ve held and paged through it so many times, people are starting to think I’ve a strange fascination with books. HA… not even close. I’m terrified of it. And I’ve been wanting to write myself into a corner so that I can explore the reasons behind my phobia and overcome them. Just finishing the writing assignments for class is not enough for me. Anything is vestigial when no heart is put into its creation. But that’s another self proclaimed truth. Let see how many of them stand up to the test of the Open Mind and Blank Heart. After all I’ve got a lot to write about and some of you really need to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment