Saturday, December 5, 2015

A rose by any other...

Names have a strange power. For those with respect and honor, a person's name is no trifle. Some endeavor to remember it, some forget it as if it were nothing. And others only commit a person's name to memory, when they feel they are worthy of uttering it. Whatever the practice, nicknames have a soothing, softening magic. They help, but ultimately it is up to the owner of the name to signal the other, how and if their name is to be used. 


In my perception and manner; I shy from using another's name too easily. Time and acclamation and of course the other's cue let's me know just how I stand with them. Either Respect or amorous intent, names have a power. Some of us feel it more than others. I feel it in my own way. 

"...your name is a golden bell, hung in my heart. 
I would break my body to pieces to call you once by your name."

No comments:

Post a Comment